Intelligent meaningful insight into your dreams and your life with Jane Teresa Anderson ... Home About Dreams About Jane Teresa Podcasts The Dream Show Blog Dream consultations Mentoring Training Shop Contact

About Jane Teresa Anderson

Home

Professional services

dream of house, room, extra rooms, old, dusty, recurring dream, remembering dreams (keywords)

Ask Jane Teresa about the most important basic meaning of your dream

Dream Forum Archive

These archives are selected from our Public Dream Forum (1998 - 2003).

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Author

Subject: new rooms

Chicko

09:22 16/04/2001 

There are new rooms in my house. Each time that I have this same dream more and more rooms are added. They are not new but old, stark and dusty, like they have been there for many a year.

Note:

This is a recurring dream. I don't remember my dreams at all, but I do know that I am dreaming because they wake me up and immediately I forget them and go back to sleep - except for this one. Why do I only remember this one?

Dream edited for easier reading - JT, 2005

Jane Anderson

13:03 16/04/2001 

Hi Chicko,

You have two questions and I'll reply to both:

#1 Why do I only remember this one?

This is your main question, but to understand this it is first important to look at what the dream means ... then you may see this more clearly. So, in reverse order:

#2 What does the dream mean?

There are some dreams which are like Life's Big Theme Dreams. Many people have them, the themes are very similar although the details vary, and they often recur.

(Sound familiar? Like the movie or book disclaimer: "Any resemblence to persons living or dead is unintentional ..." even though you leave the cinema with tears of deep recognition in your eyes.)

Throughout our lives many of us confront and, hopefully, transcend similar questions, issues and situations. We encounter the great themes of living, lived and relived over and over throughout centuries past and future. Our dreams help us to find our way through - a path of resolution and personal change towards further enlightenment about life and our place in it.

These great life themes are often reflected by similar dream themes and they recur as long as the waking life situation/ question/ issue recurs. Our dreams recur until we find the solution and apply it in daily living.

Your dream theme is "finding extra rooms in a house". This is common to people at times when their dreams are putting them in touch with the feeling that there is "room" to grow and much more "room" to be. At times when we are not recognising our full potential, or not acting on the recognition, we may dream this dream.

The dream house tends to symbolise the dreamer's mind, the rooms being the compartments and space within. For those who, like me, see the physical body as a reflection of the mind, the dream house can also be seen as symbolising the dreamer's body.

Your dream shows you your "room for potential", mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Room to spread yourself out, occupy and utilise new space and live fully in a greater way.

In your dream more rooms are added each time possibly to add emphasis ... a dream imperative: "Notice this! Tons of Room!"

Your rooms are old, stark and dusty ... they have been there for years. This suggests that the potential begging for use is something you have touched upon (or possibly occupied) before. You have perhaps abandoned the rooms and left them to go dusty. Or perhaps you've never used the rooms but you have glimpsed them - you have talked about the possibilities, but left the dreams to gather dust.

The amount of furniture in a room in a dream can point towards the development of ideas or the embellishment or existence of memories. Your rooms are stark - again it feels, to me, as if you have seen the space but not acted to furnish the rooms - not acted to embrace your potential.

How many years have you allowed something special within you to languish and collect dust?

Returning to Q1: Why do I only remember this dream?

Perhaps this dream is saying, "Until you reach out and take the first steps to fulfilling more potential, you need no further dream messages ..."

Perhaps this dream is saying (and I feel this to be true), "You are abandoning your DREAMS: you are dismissing them, not recalling them, leaving them to gather dust."

In other words, your forgetting of your other dreams is perhaps testimony to some degree of reluctance to follow your potential.

Here's an exercise you can do to help you forward with this:

Several times a day for a week, repeat this aloud to yourself, with FEELING:

"I free myself to shake the dust from old dreams and to expand into a greater expression of myself. I see many beautiful rooms in my house and I move freely between them all, decorating the space as I go."

Affirmations such as this, based on a mix of the meaning of the dream and the symbolic language of the dream (the language of the unconscious), carry huge transformative power.

[This is a development of my earlier dream research/ work - something I have not yet written about in my books {I touched upon it in "The Shape of Things to Come"}, but which I have applied in consultation for many years - for example, as a Level Three Interpretation through the Dream Interpretation Service on this site. It has been such a pleasure to witness the powerful effects of communicating with the unconscious using the same language.]

After the first week, simply read the affirmation aloud once in the morning and once in the evening ... for several months.

Let us know how you go .. both now ... and in about six weeks time.

Jane Anderson

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z